Tana Ramsay's whole grain diet

Posted by myGPT Team | 12:14 AM | 0 comments »

Latest research has discovered that 1 in 3 people don't get
any whole grain in their diet. Whole grains are cereal
grains and are extremely important in order to obtain a
healthy lifestyle. They provide B vitamins, vitamin E,
minerals, carbohydrates and proteins.

One person who knows how important childrens diets are is
mum of four Tana Ramsay. Along with husband Gordon Ramsay
she has four children Megan, twins Jack and Holly and
Matilda.

The Montessori trained teacher turned food writer believes
most Mums want to cook healthy food for their children.

She said, "I'm not a chef, I'm just a domestic cook. I've
never trained as a cook and I'm a Mum and I'm running a
house and looking after the kids and I cook out of a want
to give my children a very balanced diet to set them up
with incredibly good habits for later on in life to
maintain their health. That's what I want to do and I think
that's a position that so many Mums find themselves in and
yet they haven't got the time to sit and devote an entire
afternoon to planning supper."

Many parents find it difficult incorporating foods like
whole grains into every day diets but Tana says it couldn't
be easier.

"It's very simple to incorporate into your everyday life.
Start the day with a couple of Shredded Wheat and then
that's your whole recommended daily intake already done.
You could switch to using whole grain or brown bread and
brown rice, brown pasta. It's really that easy. For your
lunch always choose brown bread for a sandwich or wholemeal
pitta bread. If you're having a pasta salad use some brown
pasta in your pasta salad that's what I do for the children
sometimes with their school lunchboxes. There are so many
different ways you can fit it in," she said.

Tana is married to celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay but he
isn't the only person in the family who can create great
food.

Tana also said: "I've actually come up with five recipes to
help incorporate the three a day. I've done a lemon
cheesecake using a cheerio base, I've done some stuffed
chicken breast stuffed with tomato, mozzarella and basil
and I've actually used whole grain bread for the
breadcrumbs and I've crumpled up some Shredded Wheat into
the mix and this gives a really nice texture to the outside
of the chicken. I've done a knickerblocker glory using some
of the cereal as well and quite often with the children's
fruit I'll put in some yoghurt and stir in some oats and
honey. Kids love anything crunchy."


----------------------------------------------------
To find more great interviews just like this one, why not
visit the My Baby Radio website, at
http://www.mybabyradio.com/pregnancy-birth/nutrition/tana-ra
msays-whole-grain-diet/


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=47300


Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments